Tuesday, May 26, 2009

IT BEGINS!

-->
So here we are. I'm sitting here in my underwear on my couch waiting for the Yankees to come out of the rain delay down in Texas. At least there's hockey and basketball playoffs to help me wile away the hours. I have been meaning to start a blog for a long time. I first had the idea for the Vote Paul For Mayor ©®™ a year or two ago while watching a game and talking to a couple friends. We were discussing what a character O'Neill was and how there wasn't a Yankee fan to be found who didn't like him. This made me think. If O'Neill were to, say, run for office, would everyone vote for him?
To test this theory I hit the road in search of validation. Are you a Yankee fan? Would you vote for Paul O’Neill? And you know what? Some said yes, some said hell yes, some said definitely, and some said without a doubt. You know what not one person said? No. Not one person said they would not vote for good ol’ Paulie O. So there’s the inspiration for the name and the idea behind it. As of right now I’m not sure exactly what it will be. Probably just my sounding board to rant and rave like a lunatic about things like sports, music, news, etc.
How is this different you ask? Everyone has a blog, sir, so how is yours different? Well, I guess for now it is not. But hey, I’m a smart guy and have been known to be funny on occasion so I have faith it will adapt into something totally awesome. If not, whatever, everyone has a blog, layoff me man.
Final note. It took me absolutely forever to start this because I am lazy and probably afraid no one will give two craps what I have to say. On that note, if you have any suggestions, comments, or just want to tell me I am so super totally awesome or just plain old suck go right ahead. Everyone's entitled to their opinion even if it is wrong.


1 comment: